Salesforce Enhanced Domains
Enhanced Domains are required for sandboxes and non-production orgs in Winter ’23. They are required for production orgs and all other remaining orgs in Spring ’23. You can read more about the change here: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.domain_name_enhanced_why.htm.
When you enable Enhanced Domains you invoke a number of high-impact changes, one of which results in a new URL structure inside Salesforce. Because of this MoveData will no longer have the correct URL to continue to access Salesforce, and thus manual intervention is required to ensure MoveData continues to operate as expected.
We recommend performing the following during a period of low system usage. This will minimise the need for any reprocessing for notifications received after Enhanced Domains is enabled and before MoveData has been re-authorised.
Expected Time: 15min
Expected Time: 5min
Once Enhanced Domains is enabled you must re-authenticate MoveData.
- 1.Login to Salesforce as your MoveData user If you don't know your MoveData user, you can find this by opening MoveData from the App Launcher and navigating to Settings --> Authorise MoveData --> Authorised User.
- 2.Click "Authorise". Open MoveData from the App Launcher and navigate to Settings --> Authorise MoveData --> Authorised User and click "Authorise". This will inform MoveData of the new Salesforce URL and ensure MoveData continues to execute under the existing user.
Expected Time: 5min
If you received any notifications after Enhanced Domains was enabled and before MoveData was re-authorised these will appear with a status of "Failed" (MoveData will also have dispatched a failure notification to the email address on file). To reprocess these into Salesforce:
- 1.Open MoveData from the App Launcher and navigate to Notifications
- 2.Assess if you have any recent notifications with a status of "Failed"
- 3.If so, open the notification and click "Reprocess" to reprocess push this information back into Salesforce