Enable Enhanced Domains
Salesforce is changing the way URLs work to improve branding, stability and security compliance. You can read more about the change here: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.domain_name_enhanced_why.htm. This is as mandatory change which will result in a new URL structure inside Salesforce, and without intervention MoveData will not have the correct URL to access your Salesforce instance.
Follow the below instructions to enable Enhanced Domains and keep MoveData operating as expected.
We recommend performing the following during a period of low usage. This will minimise any reprocessing which may need to occur against notifications received during your outage period.
Once you have enabled Enhanced Domains you need to re-authenticate MoveData and the associated Salesforce user it executes under.
- 1.Login to Salesforce as your MoveData user. If you don't know your MoveData user, you can find this by opening MoveData from App Launcher and navigating to Settings --> Authorise MoveData --> Authorised User. If the Settings tab is unavailable on the MoveData application, please contact MoveData support for assistance.
- 2.Click "Authorise". This will inform MoveData of the new Salesforce URL and authorise the user to execute under.
If you received any notifications between Enhanced Domains being turned on and re-authenticating MoveData, these will appear with a status of "Failed" (and will have dispatched a failure alert to the address on file). Follow the below steps to reprocess these:
- 1.Open MoveData from the App Launcher and Navigate to Notifications
- 2.Assess if you have any recent notifications with a status of "Failed"
- 3.If so, open the respective notification and click "Reprocess" to reprocess push this information back into Salesforce